August 9, 2017
- Nicole and Chris Nau of De Soto reported the theft of a cell phone.
- Anna Beth Gilbert, 20, of 821 40th Pl., Des Moines, was cited and released at U.S. Highway 6 and T Avenue in Waukee for driving while suspended.
- David Suckow of Carlisle was traveling south in the 34000 block of County Road P58 when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
August 10, 2017
- Donald Lee Gardner, 22, of 1409 Chance Court, Adel, was cited and released at 1219 First Ave. in Perry for driving while license denied.
- George Kurtinitis of Dallas Center reported someone trying to purchase a cell phone and accessories on his Verizon account.
- Benyenmin Ardalon Zargarian, 36, of 105 Percival Ave., Dallas Center, was arrested at this address for driving while barred, carrying weapons, interference with official acts, possession of drug paraphernalia and also on a warrant for probation violation.
August 11, 2017
- Vankir Scott of Waukegan, Ill., was traveling east on U.S. Interstate 80 near the 104 mile marker when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $8,000.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.