Notice of Vacant Position: Perry Water Works Operator
The Perry Water Works has an opening for a Water Works Operator. Competitive pay and benefits including: health insurance, IPERS retirement, paid vacation and medical leave, shift differential and grade pay.
Come join a great team providing high-quality drinking water to the residents of Perry, Iowa.
Must live within a 30-minute commute of the Perry Water Works or be willing to relocate within six months.
A resume and a completed employment application should be sent to Hank Schmidt at the above address by May 5, 2017. Go to http://www.perryia.org/employment-opportunities.html to download an application for general employment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have an Iowa Grade 1 Water Treatment Operator’s Certification or the ability to obtain within 1 year of the date of hire, and the ability to obtain an Iowa Grade 3 Water Treatment Operator’s Certification within 5 years of the date of hire.
• Must have an Iowa Grade 1 Water Distribution Operator’s Certification or the ability to obtain within 1 year of the date of hire, and the ability to obtain an Iowa Grade 3 Water Distribution Operator’s Certification within 5 years of the date of hire.
• Must have and maintain a Valid Driver’s License from the State of Iowa, and a good driving record.
• Must be willing and able to acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the distribution system. By knowing or being able to locate existing lines, valves and customer stop boxes with a minimum amount of disruption to citizens and property. By making water taps for new service and assisting contractors in the installation or new lines and compliance with Perry Water Works compliance. By becoming skilled in operating various items of equipment including backhoes, loaders and trucks used in digging and locating lines. By performing work to repair main and service leaks. By performing miscellaneous services including turn-ons, shut-offs, flushing and sampling. By maintaining compliance with all laws, regulations and orders.
• Must be willing and able to acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of the raw water system and water treatment plant. The work involves responsibility for the operations of the Utility’s wells, pumping stations, and treatment plants during their assigned shifts.
• Must be willing and able to perform maintenance on machines and equipment to insure safe, efficient and stable operation of the Perry Water Works.
• Must be willing and able to perform general maintenance on buildings, grounds and equipment and to care for and safeguard property of the Perry Water Works.
• Must assist in all general services and functions of the Perry Water Works.
• Must maintain a favorable image of the Water Works through contact with citizens, customers and others.
• Work requires considerable physical effort including lifting and carrying, bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, pulling, pushing, climbing, crawling, squatting, reaching, use of fingers and hands, walking and standing for extended periods of time. Coordination of eyes, hands, legs and body is needed. Must be able to lift 50 pounds repeatedly.
• In emergencies, a water works operator must be willing to work long hours, use sound judgment and apply practical solutions. The candidate should cooperate at all times with local and state health officials.
• Work is performed inside and outside both day and night, under varying and at times extreme weather conditions. Work includes exposure to sun, rain, wind, noise, dust, fumes, smoke, water, gases, oils, solvents, acids, chemicals, machinery, and moving vehicles.
• Work may include working weekends and holidays and may include rotating shifts and on-call responsibilities.
• Must have correctable near and far vision, ability to hear, speak and write. Work also includes the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions. Must have the ability to utilize communications equipment, computer equipment and computer programs.
• To perform other duties as assigned.
Mediacom: Broadband Specialist
Our Broadband Specialists get hands on experience with the latest in broadband technology including cable television, high-speed internet, phone, and home automation!
Broadband Specialists will take on a variety of tasks pertaining to cable television installation. Some of these tasks include the installation, disconnects and troubleshooting of Mediacom services in the customer’s home! Mediacom provides paid training for the position as well as all necessary tools, equipment and a company vehicle!
ADDITIONAL BENEFITS INCLUDE:
We offer excellent company benefits including paid training, 401K, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, discounted services and more!
-High School diploma or GED required. Trade school training preferred.
-Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record.
-Must be able to carry or lift up to 70 lbs.
-0 to 2 years experience.
-Ability to interact with customers and coworkers.
-Good written and oral communication skills.
-Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various heights.
-Ability to work flexible work hours, including evenings, weekends, holidays and overtime as required.
If you’re looking to start a career, apply online today:
Job Type: Full Time
Start Pay: $10.00
Mediacom Communications is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.
HomeCare Services: Cook
HomeCare Services Inc. is looking for a cook with a positive and courteous attitude to serve our team. The cook will prepare and serve nutritious, attractive meals while maintaining the cleanliness of the food production and services areas.
- Prepare and serve nutritious, attractive meals according to the planned menu at the designated times, using standardized portions and approved substitutions.
- Have the ability to prepare and serve a wide range of foods skillfully.
- Have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations related to health and safety in food preparation.
Applicant must be 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. Applicant must be able to pass a criminal background check and physical. Prefer two or more years of experience cooking for large groups (50-plus people). Should be able to regularly lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods. Must be ServSafe certified within 6 months of hire.
Please call Heidi at 515-993-4531 Ext. #4 for more information or submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
City of Dawson: Mower
The city of Dawson is now taking bids for mowing of city property in Dawson.
Sealed bids must be received by 5 p.m. Monday, April 10 for consideration at the April 12 meeting of the Dawson City Council.
For more information, contact Sherry James, Dawson City Clerk, at 515-210-3755.