April 13, 2017
- Nick Sorensen turned in a debit card he found on the sidewalk in the 200 block of N. Chestnut Street. An officer is working to return the card to the owner.
- A caller reported a male who appeared to be sleeping in a vehicle in the parking at 777 Wild Rose Lane and requested an officer check on him. An officer made contact with the male, who was resting before a shift at a local hotel.
- An officer is investigating the reported theft of prescription medications from 702 S. Wilson Ave.
- An officer performed a traffic stop in the 700 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Connor Wood of Jefferson being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer performed a traffic stop in the 700 block of N. Elm Street, resulting in Thomas Schmit of Jefferson being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer performed a traffic stop near the airport on 235th Street, resulting in the arrest of Theodore John Herrick, 36, of Jefferson for driving while barred.
- Jack Lewis reported a dog running at large near State and Maple streets. The owner arrived and took the animal home before the arrival of an officer.
- Shawn Olson Jr. reported a dog at large at 302 S. High St. An officer placed the animal in the Animal Holding Facility.
- Arrest warrants were requested for Jesus Moises Zuniga, 18, of Jefferson upon the completion of an investigation that began April 8 at 202 W. Adams St. A resident at that address turned over two firearms located in the residence. The officer spoke with Zuniga, who was staying at the residence. Zuniga said he stole the guns from a vehicle near the hospital on W. Lincoln Way. The officer verified this with the owner of the firearms. The requested warrants are for third-degree burglary, carrying weapons and simple trespass.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.