March 15, 2017
- An officer located an open business door at 610 N. Elm St.
- An officer located an open business door at 505 E. Lincoln Way.
- Management with Casey’s General Store reported receiving fraudulent checks at both locations in Jefferson, 300 E. Lincoln Way and 508 N. Elm St. An officer is investigating the incident.
- A traffic stop at the intersection of E. Lincoln Way and Cedar Street resulted in Kannen Carrick of Jefferson being issued a citation for dark windows.
- An officer responded to the Greene County Medical Center Emergency Room. A patient in the emergency room reported being assaulted in the city of Panora several days prior. The victim was directed to the Panora Police Department, in whose jurisdiction the crime occurred.
- A traffic stop in the 900 block of E. Lincoln Way resulted in Jacob Miner of Jefferson being issued a citation for dark windows.
- Sue Aspengren reported she sustained damage to the front of her 2012 Cadillac Escalade sometime during the day March 15. She was unaware where the damage occurred. The damage was estimated at $1,000.
- Tiffany Dagit reported an assault occurred March 12 outside the Jefferson city limits. She was directed to the Greene County Sheriff’s office.
- While on routine patrol, an officer located three juveniles in the 300 block of E. Park Street. The officer spoke with them about the Jefferson city ordinance regarding curfew, which was at 2230 hours.
- Michael Godwin reported being harassed by Megan Godwin.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.