April 12, 2017
- An officer of the Perry Police Department stood by while a man retrieved “personal property from his residence following a dispute with his wife.”
- A caller said she had four orphan kittens. An officer responded and transported the animals to the Perry Animal Holding Facility. The Humane Society of Perry was notified.
- A caller reported knowing “the location of a stolen vehicle.” Officers responded, confirmed the vehicle was stolen and impounded the vehicle.
- A caller said her friend “didn’t know what to do regarding a vehicle that was parked in front of her house for over a week.” An officer responded.
- Celso Alonzo Perla of 1915 16th St., Perry, was issued a citation for first-offense open burning.
- An employee at the Dallas County Hospital reported “a patient at this time who is making them feel unsafe.” Officers responded.
- A caller said someone’s “ex-girlfriend” was “driving by the alley” and “yelling embarrassing things.” An officer responded.
- Donald LeRoy McChesney, 38, of 1522 Lucinda St., #2, Perry, was arrested on Dallas County warrants for failure to appear on original charges of assault on a police officer and interference with official acts, second-offense public intoxication, disorderly conduct, assault and fifth-degree theft.
- A caller said “it sounded like an argument that was going on upstairs.” An officer responded.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.