April 17, 2017
- A caller “reported a smell of marijuana coming through the vents.” Officers responded but “could not smell any marijuana in the hallways.”
- A caller said two dogs were running at large. An officer responded, captured the runaways and returned them to their owner, who was looking for them.
- A caller reported someone in a “vehicle that came and took her brown dachshund dog that was outside while she was siting on the porch.” An officer responded and started an investigation, leading to the return of the dog to the caller.
- A caller said someone “punched him in the forehead about five minutes ago.” Officers responded but did not find the alleged puncher.
- A caller from the Perry Middle School called about a girl who “had run off.” An officer responded.
- A caller said someone was “going around town telling lies and saying she is a lawyer when she is not.”
- A caller “said she’s receiving harassing text messages.” An officer responded and informed the caller and the harasser, advising “no more communication between the two and if either one disobeys, that they can be charged with harassment.”
- A caller said a dog was running at large. An officer responded but did not find the dog.
- A caller “wanted information on how to obtain a protective order.” An officer responded.
- A caller reported “an injured cat in the westbound lane of Willis Avenue.” An officer responded and found “the cat was deceased.” The Perry Public Works Department was notified.
April 18, 2017
- Ethan Michael DeCamp, 26, 404 10th St., Dallas Center, was arrested on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Rosa Elena Arellano, 20, 809 N.E. Broadway Ave., #25, Des Moines, was arrested on a charge of possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Gustavo Adofo Ruiz-Vargas, 30, 1610 W. Third St., Perry, was arrested on a charge of open container.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.