Basement wood burner alarms neighbors, brings Perry firefighters

0
1300
The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded Saturday afternoon to a report of smoke coming from a house at 412 Warford St. in Perry. A wood-burning stove in the basement of the house was causing the smoke.

A neighbor’s report of smoke coming from a house at 412 Warford St. in Perry Saturday afternoon brought the Perry Volunteer Fire Department to the scene.

IMG_4575 hillbilly
Smoke from the house concerned neighbors, who called the fire department.

The source of the smoke was traced to the operation a wood-burning stove in the basement of the 87-year-old, two-story house.

Occupants of the house assured Perry firefighters all was well within.

Records of the Dallas County Assessor’s office indicate the house is owned by Scott Stokely of Perry and is being purchased on contract by Porfirio Diaz of Perry and Alberto Salinas of Perry.

Smoke from the rear of the house at 412 Warford St. in Perry brought firefighters to the scene Saturday.
Smoke from the rear of the house at 412 Warford St. in Perry brought firefighters to the scene Saturday.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.