The Bock Family Foundation Inc. of Perry, established in 2002 by the estates of Larry Bock and Barbara Bock, announced Friday the awarding of 18 grants totaling $60,078 in its fall 2020 granting cycle.
Due to the recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding social distancing, there will be no formal grant presentations this year, and funds will be distributed directly to the grantees.
The recipients of fall 2020 grant awards are:
- Dallas County Conservation Board $7,500 for RRVT High Trestle Trail Connector Woodward Phase III
- McCreary Community Building $2,500 toward furnishing Child Watch Room
- Perry Chamber of Commerce Foundation Inc. $7,000 for Business Modernization and Protection Grant
- Nudgers Inc. $2,500 for tuck pointing on Kerris Building
- Acorns and Oaks Daycare $2,000 to purchase washer and dryer
- Raccoon River Pet Rescue $2,000 to purchase dental cleaning machine
- Perry Area Child Development Center $4,500 for scholarships
- New Opportunities Inc. $3,328 for carpet and paint at new office space
- Fullhart/Carnegie Charitable Trust $2,000 to convert audio/video histories to digital
- Perry Community School District $4,500 for wall mount water bottle fillers
- P.A.C.E.S: $7,500 toward 2020-21 Program
- Iowa Association for the Education of Young People $3,000 for Staff Play Experience and Family Play Experiences training sessions
- Woodward Public Library $1,000 to digitalize microfilm for genealogical and historical collection
- Minburn Area Firefighters Association $1,350 to replace self contained breathing apparatus cylinders
- DeSoto Fire Department: $5,000 toward purchase of new grass truck
- Linden Public Library Foundation Inc: $1,000 toward new carpet
- Dallas Center Public Library Foundation $1,000 to remodel/expand Roy R. Estle Memorial Library
- Panther Creek Church of the Brethren $2,400 for Blessing Box
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit supporting organization for the benefit of organizations operated for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes. In order to receive grant funding projects must be located in Dallas County. Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or a unit of state or local government.
Since its founding, the Bock Family Foundation Inc. has awarded grants totaling more than $2,085,000, including grants awarded in the spring 2020 cycle.
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. Board of Directors is composed of President Harley Weyer, Vice President Jon S. Peters, Secretary Joyce Van Kirk and Directors Jean Bromert, the Rev. Paul Burrow, Brent Halling and John Powell. Scott Finneseth is the foundation’s executive director.
The foundation awards the grants in the fall and spring, with application deadlines of Sept. 1 and March 1. Questions about the grant guidelines and the application form may be directed to Finneseth at 515-465-4641 or P.O. Box 487, Perry, IA 50220.