The Bock Family Foundation Inc. of Perry, established in 2002 by the estates of Larry Bock and Barbara Bock, announced Thursday the awarding of 22 grants totaling $63,966.42 in its spring 2021 granting cycle.
Due to the recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding social distancing, there were no formal grant presentations this year, and funds will be distributed directly to the grantees.
The recipients of spring 2021 grant awards are:
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $7,500 for RRVT-High Trestle Trail Connector Woodward Phase
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $2,500 for Prairie Awakening-Prairie Awoke
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $2,500 for CNC Router System
- Raccoon River Pet Rescue: $2,000 for low cost spay/neuter clinics
- Perry Area Emergency Food Council: $2,000 for Farmers Market Pantry Dollars
- PRESBY Child Care Program: $2,500 for playground equipment
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $1,200 for outside play equipment
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $6,240 for scholarships
- Perry Youth Football: $900 for tackling dummies and rings
- PACES: $8,000 toward summer 2021 program
- Perry Elementary School: $3,480 for library tables
- Perry Community School District: $3,000 for playground fencing at elementary school
- Perry Middle School: STEM $2,600 for Glowforge laser printer
- Perry High School Music Department: $2,000 towards 2022 trip to New York City
- Everybody Wins! Iowa: $2,000 for Power Read Program at Perry Elementary School
- Ride the Thin Blue Line: $2,500 to add blue ambient glow stones to the Raccoon River Valley Trail near the sheriff’s office as memorial to fallen officers
- Linden Public Library Foundation Inc.: $1,500 towards shelves, signage, computer desk and chair
- Washington Township School Foundation: $1,296.42 to replace main entry door to lunch room
- Minburn City Hall: $2,500 to remodel the front of city hall
- Minburn Community Betterment Group: $750 for Meet Me in Minburn concert series
- Dallas County Master Gardeners: $4,000 towards new demonstration garden at fairgrounds
- Heart of Iowa Regional Transit Agency: $3,000 for volunteer driver program
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit supporting organization for the benefit of organizations operated for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes. In order to receive grant funding projects must be located in Dallas County. Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or a unit of state or local government.
Since its founding, the Bock Family Foundation Inc. has awarded grants totaling more than $2,148,000, including grants awarded in the spring 2021 cycle.
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. Board of Directors is composed of President Harley Weyer, Vice President Jon S. Peters, Secretary Joyce Van Kirk and Directors Jean Bromert, the Rev. Kat Stokes, Brent Halling and John Powell. Scott Finneseth is the foundation’s executive director.
The foundation awards the grants in the fall and spring, with application deadlines of Sept. 1 and March 1. Questions about the grant guidelines and the application form may be directed to Finneseth at 515-465-4641 or P.O. Box 487, Perry, IA 50220.