The Bock Family Foundation Inc. of Perry, established in 2002 by the estates of Larry Bock and Barbara Bock, announced Tuesday that $73,969 was awarded to 25 grant recipients in the fall grant cycle.
Due to the recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding social distancing, there were no formal grant presentations this year, and funds will be distributed directly to the grantees.
The recipients of fall 2021 grant awards were:
- First United Methodist Church of Perry: $1,302 for lighting project
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $6,600 for RRVT TO HTT Connector
- City of Perry: $3,000 for Wayfinding System
- Perry Police Department: $750 for children’s bike locks
- McCreary Community Building: $2,000 for renovations, child watch area
- DCH Family Medicine Clinics/Foundation: $1,000 for Blessing Box
- Dallas County Hospital: $3,181 for new lightweight lead aprons for surgery staff
- 21st Century Rehab/DCH Foundation: $1,000 for AED machine
- Perry Elementary School: $2,000 for elementary library moveable tables
- Perry School Foundation: $5,550 for flag poles & flags for Violet Hill Cemetery
- Perry Middle School Band: $2,000 for music stand carts
- Perry High School Music Department: $4,000 towards New York City trip
- PACES: $8,200 for Learning Center
- Perry Rotary Club: $5,000 towards public inclusive playground
- Nudgers Inc.: $2,500 for tuckpointing Kerns Building
- Perry Lutheran Homes: $1,500 for accessible outdoor furniture
- Perry Little League: $2,070 to replace catcher’s gear
- Perry Chamber Foundation Inc.: $2,016 for RRVT Welcome Depot accessibility
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $4,000 for scholarships
- Raccoon River Pet Rescue: $1,500 for low cost spay neuter clinic
- Woodward Police Department: $2,200 for body cameras for reserve officers
- Minburn Area Firefighters: $2,500 towards new plumber truck engine
- DeSoto Fire Department: $5,000 towards new UTV side by side
- Panther Creek Church of the Brethren: $3,600 for Blessing Box
- Short Years Partnership: $1,500 for Parents as Teachers education
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit supporting organization for the benefit of organizations operated for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes. In order to receive grant funding, projects must be located in Dallas County. Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or a unit of state or local government.
Since its founding in 2002, the Bock Family Foundation Inc. has awarded grants totaling more than $2.2 million, including grants awarded in this grant cycle.
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. Board of Directors is composed of President Jon Peters, Vice President Brent Halling, Secretary Joyce Van Kirk and Directors Jean Bromert, John Powell, the Rev. Kat Stokes and Harley Weyer. Scott Finneseth is the foundation’s executive director.
The foundation awards the grants in the fall and spring, with application deadlines of Sept. 1 and March 1. Questions about the grant guidelines and the application form may be directed to Finneseth at 515-465-4641 or email@example.com or P.O. Box 487, Perry, IA 50220.