The Bock Family Foundation Inc. of Perry, established in 2002 by the estates of Larry Bock and Barbara Bock, announced Friday the awarding of 21 grants totaling $50,580 in its spring 2020 granting cycle. The grants add to the $20,000 donated earlier this week to local food pantries and child care centers.
Due to the recommendations of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding social distancing, there will be no formal grant presentations this year, and funds will be distributed directly to the grantees.
The recipients of Spring 2020 grant awards are:
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $2,000 for Prairie Awakening Event
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $5,000 for RRVT High Trestle Trail Connector Woodward Phase
- First United Methodist Church in Perry: $1,280 for handicapped door opener
- McCreary Community Building: $2,000 toward renovations
- Perry Public Library: $1,500 toward renovations
- Friends of Perry Public Library: $1,200 for KidsFest
- Perry Area Emergency Food Council: $1,500 for infant supplies and to establish satellite pantry at DMACC
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $1,400 for carpet cleaning
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $8,000 for scholarships
- Dallas County Hospital Foundation: $1,600 for new lab chair for DCH Family Medicine Clinic
- Heartland Church of Christ: $2,500 toward kitchen upgrades at new facility
- Raccoon River Pet Rescue: $2,000 toward completion of building
- New Opportunities Inc. $2,000 to purchase refrigerator for Dallas County Family Development Center
- Perry Academic, Cultural and Enrichment Services (PACES): $7,500 toward summer program
- Perry Elementary School: $1,000 to purchase tables for library
- Perry Middle School: $3,000 for equipment for STEM class
- Perry Community School District: $1,500 for Mentors in Violence Prevention program
- City of Bouton: $1,000 towards Bouton Sauerkraut Days
- Minburn Betterment Group: $800 toward Meet Me in Minburn Concert Series
- Linden Public Library Foundation Inc: $1,300 towards computers, desk, printer, software and chairs
- DeSoto Fire Department: $2,500 to purchase battery-operated extrication tools
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit supporting organization for the benefit of organizations operated for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes. In order to receive grant funding projects must be located in Dallas County. Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or a unit of state or local government.
Since its founding, the Bock Family Foundation Inc. has awarded grants totaling more than $2,025,000, including grants awarded in the spring 2020 cycle.
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. Board of Directors is composed of President Harley Weyer, Vice President Jon S. Peters, Secretary Joyce Van Kirk and Directors Jean Bromert, the Rev. Paul Burrow, Brent Halling and John Powell. Scott Finneseth is the foundation’s executive director.
The foundation awards the grants in the fall and spring, with application deadlines of Sept. 1 and March 1. Questions about the grant guidelines and the application form may be directed to Finneseth at 515-465-4641 or P.O. Box 487, Perry, IA 50220.