The Bock Family Foundation Inc. of Perry, established in 2002 by the estates of Larry Bock and Barbara Bock, awarded 28 grants totaling $58,303 Wednesday in its fall 2019 granting cycle.
Bock Family Foundation Executive Director Scott Finneseth and Bock Family Foundation Board member John Powell thanked the groups for their devoted service to Dallas County’s residents and communities.
Finneseth said 35 applicants requested $120,833 were received in the fall cycle, “some that are just so worthy and needed,” and selection of awardees is always difficult for the grant committee.
Along with Powell, other directors on the board of the Bock Family Foundation Inc. include President Brent Halling, Vice President Harley Weyer, Secretary Joyce Van Kirk and Directors Jean Bromert, the Rev. Paul Burrow and Jon S. Peters.
Since its founding, the Bock Family Foundation Inc. has awarded grants totaling more than $1.9 million, including grants awarded in the fall 2019 cycle. Receiving grants at Wednesday’s event were:
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $5,000 for Woodward Phase RRVT Connector
- Dallas County Conservation Board: $2,113 for Event Sound System
- City of Perry Parks and Recreation Department: $2,000 for new chairs and racks for McCreary Community Building
- City of Perry Parks and Recreation Department: $1,000 for lifejackets, first aid training kit and a backboard for McCreary Community Building pool
- First United Methodist Church: $1,000 for rain gutter and downspouts
- First United Methodist Church: $3,500 for insurance code updates
- Perry Community School District: $1,000 towards Speakers at Dewey Complex
- Perry Community School District: $1,500 for tools for SkillsUSA
- Perry Community School District: $1,100 for new seating in Perry Elementary Library
- PACES: $7,500 for learning center program
- Perry Area Emergency Food Council: $1,000 for scale and administrative equipment
- Perry Fine Arts: $930 for String Ties bluegrass band
- Perry Alano Club: $1,000 for kitchen and bathroom updates
- Hispanics United for Perry: $1,250 for Raising School Ready Readers Program
- Art on the Prairie: $1,500 for public art mural in Josh Davis Memorial Plaza
- Dallas County Hospital Foundation: $1,402 for CPR training equipment
- Dallas County Hospital Foundation: $1,200 for the Blessing Box
- Perry Area Child Development Center: $6,240 for scholarships
- New Opportunities Inc: $4,000 towards supplying infant/toddlers Head Start Classroom
- New Hope Village Foundation: $1,000 for lighting and sorting baskets
- Pegasus Inc.: $1,118 for handicap ramp and Windows 10 upgrade
- Hometown Heritage: $1,400 for Past Perfect annual fee and computer upgrade
- Raccoon River Pet Rescue: $5,000 for building fund
- Panther Creek Church of the Brethren: $1,400 for food items for the Blessing Box
- City of Dawson: $1,000 towards shelter house and bike repair station
- Minburn Public Library: $150 for printer/scanner/copier
- Minburn Firefighters Assoc: $1,000 for wireless winch
- Washington Township Consolidated School Foundation: $2,000 for waterproofing dining room
The Bock Family Foundation Inc. is a nonprofit supporting organization for the benefit of organizations operated for religious, charitable, scientific, literary or educational purposes. In order to receive grant funding projects must be located in Dallas County. Applicants must be a nonprofit organization or a unit of state or local government.
The foundation awards the grants in the fall and spring, with application deadlines of Sept. 1 and March 1. Questions about the grant guidelines and the application form may be directed to Bock Family Foundation Inc. Executive Director Scott Finneseth at 515-465-4641 or P.O. Box 487, Perry, IA 50220.