A fire in a camper broke out about 1:45 a.m. Wednesday at 1720 Iowa St. in Perry, bringing a swift response from the Perry Police Department and the Perry Volunteer Fire Department.
There were no injuries in the fire.
Smoke was pouring from the rear of the recreational vehicle when police arrived on the scene and determined the unit was unoccupied.
Firefighters with the Perry Volunteer Fire Department doused and gutted the rear of the camper in an effort to arrest the burning and isolate its source.
According to Perry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Hinds, a newly installed LED exterior light, wired into the camper’s 12-volt system, shorted out and started a fire in the wall by the entry door.
The vehicle was parked in the driveway of the residence at 1720 Iowa St., owned by Dennis and Malvia Yeager, according to county records.
ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.