Chimney fire brings fast response by Perry Volunteer Fire Department

0
1216

A house fire reported shortly before 7:30 p.m. Friday brought the Perry Volunteer Fire Department to 1111 31st St. in Perry.

A brief blaze in the house’s chimney was quickly controlled by the use of a fire extinguisher wielded by the homeowner, Lemuel Darr. Darr said he believed a bird’s nest caught fire in the chimney.

“We just got back from vacation,” said homeowner Kimberly Darr, “but this wasn’t the kind of homecoming we wanted.”

Perry Police Department officers arrived ¬†first on the scene and were soon followed by Perry firefighters, who mounted the roof and inspected the chimney’s flue.

Perry First Responders, Dallas County EMS and the Dallas County Sheriff’s office also responded.

Perry Volunteer Fire Department Chief Chris Hinds said

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.