Several CVS locations in Dallas and Polk counties will have a limited number of vaccination appointments available to those ages 65 and older, the pharmacy chain announced Wednesday.
Vaccination scheduling will begin Thursday, Feb. 4 at 8 a.m. This is a one-time, additional allocation of vaccine due to excess from the federal Long-Term Care Pharmacy Partnership Program, the pharmacy said.
- 14201 Hickman Road, Urbandale, Dallas County
- 3414 Eighth St. S.W., Altoona, Polk County
- 2135 S.E. Delaware Ave., Ankeny, Polk County
- 5405 Mills Civic Parkway, West Des Moines, Polk County
Iowans are encouraged to remain patient as more vaccine arrives in the weeks and months ahead. It is also critical to continue practicing the following mitigation measures that can slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus:
- Wear a mask or face covering.
- Practice social distancing with those outside your household.
- Clean your hands frequently with soap and water.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
- Get tested if you are exposed to or have symptoms of COVID-19.