To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
April 30, 2021
- Caleb C. Rutan, 50, of 828 S. 18th St., Fort Dodge, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
- Robelyn Joy Bertroche of Granger was traveling northbound on W Avenue at Iowa Highway 44 when her vehicle struck a cement truck, driven by Austin Sink of West Des Moines, that was traveling westbound on Iowa Highway 44. Minor injuries were treated at the scene by Dallas County EMS. Damage to Bertroche’s vehicle was estimated at $10,000, and damage to the cement truck was estimated at $5,000. Bertroche was issued a citation for failure to obey stop sign and yield right of way.
- Isabella Austin of Altoona was traveling on Iowa Highway 141 when she attempted to turn onto T Avenue and her vehicle slid on the gravel and struck a vehicle, driven by Julie Valasek of Bondurant, that was approaching T Avenue. No injuries were reported. Damage to Austin’s vehicle was estimated at $2,000, and damage to Valasek’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000.
May 1, 2021
- Charles C. Balius, 42, of 6387 Vista Dr., West Des Moines, was arrested for operate without interlock device and issued a citation for driving while license denied, suspended, cancelled or revoked, fraudulent use of registration and failure to provide proof of financial liability.
May 2, 2021
- Caroline Kinney of Redfield was traveling on U.S. Interstate 80 near the 110 mile marker when her vehicle struck a vehicle, driven by Steven Nolte of Casey. No injuries were reported. Damage to each vehicle was estimated at $4,000. Kinney was issued a citation for improper lane change.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.