To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
March 31, 2021
- Alexis L. McDonald, 21, of 450 Laurel St., Waukee, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of driving while suspended.
April 1, 2021
- Candice M. Ortiz, 33, of 202 Seventh St. S., Grand Junction, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on original charges of driving while barred and driving while license denied or revoked.
- Breanna R. Torre, 33, of 2600 Sampson St., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of two counts of possession of a controlled substance.
April 2, 2021
- Buay K. Chuol, 22, of 2801 E. P. True Parkway, West Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant on an original charge of first-degree robbery.
- Robert L. Kraft III, 33, of 1214 Willis Ave., Perry, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on original charges of third-degree theft and third-degree burglary.
- Jennifer E. Fisher, 23, of 1440 S.E. Bishop Dr., Waukee, was arrested on a warrant for interference with official acts, two counts of first-degree harassment and two counts of assault on persons in certain occupations.
- Ian Kinney-Gibbs of West Des Moines was traveling westbound in the 15000 block of Iowa Highway 141 when his vehicle edged onto the shoulder, and in overcorrecting his vehicle swerved into the ditch and overturned. Shelly Schroeder of Jefferson swerved in order to avoid Kinney-Gibbs’ vehicle, but Schroeder’s vehicle struck Kinney-Gibbs’ vehicle before entering the ditch. No injuries were reported. Damage to Kinney-Gibbs’ vehicle was estimated at $8,000, and damage to Schroeder’s vehicle was estimated at $4,000. Kinney-Gibbs was issued a citation for failure to maintain control.
- Assumani Mateso of Des Moines was traveling westbound on Iowa Highway 141 at the Woodward exit when he swerved to avoid striking a deer, and his vehicle struck guardrails of the Seminole Avenue overpass. No injuries were reported. Damage to Mateso’s vehicle was estimated at $13,000, and damage to the guardrails was estimated at $2,000.
- Jeremy Underwood of Dexter was driving northbound on N Avenue when he slowed to make a left turn, and his vehicle was struck from the rear by a vehicle, driven by Zachary Yates of Colfax. Both drivers were examined at the scene by the Dallas County EMS. Damage to Underwood’s vehicle was estimated at $10,000, and damage to Yates’ vehicle was estimated $10,000. Yates was issued a citation for failure to stop in assured clear distance.
April 3, 2021
- Michael Powell, 40, of 201 E. Second St., Woodward, was arrested on a warrant for violation of probation.
- Bret Brownsberger, 19, of 1417 Grove St., Adel, was arrested for first-offense OWI and was issued a citation for possession of alcohol by person 18/19/20 and use of electronic communication device.
- Erick Covarrubias, 36, of 3124 Kingman Blvd., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of first-offense OWI.
- Carla D. Vanzuuk, 58, of 8419 Park Dr., Dexter, was arrested for trespass.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.