To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
July 30, 2020
- Christopher Ellerbroek of Urbandale was traveling in the 13000 block of N Avenue when he lost control of his vehicle, which entered the ditch and deployed the airbags. Ellerbroek was transported to Methodist Hospital in Des Moines by Dallas County EMS. The vehicle was a total loss.
July 31, 2020
- Katie Lincoln, 26, of 506 S.W. Irvinedale Dr., Ankeny, was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of first-offense possession of a controlled substance.
- Chad Bradford, 38, of 5345 Ashworth Road, West Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation on an original charge of possession of a controlled substance.
- Melissa Wiederin of Redfield was traveling east on Iowa Highway 44 when she slowed to make a turn onto El Paso Avenue and her vehicle was struck from behind by a vehicle driven by Kevin Thomas of Menlo. Minor injuries were reported. Damage to Wiederin’s vehicle was estimated at $3,000 damage, and damage to Thomas’ vehicle was estimated at $12,000.
Aug. 1, 2020
- Justin Ivey, 26, of 1322 Pattee St., Perry, was arrested on a warrant for a probation violation on an original charge of assault causing bodily injury.
- A vehicle driven by Charles Bandy of Adel struck a deer while traveling south in the 25000 block of U.S. Highway 169. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,000.
- Eddie John, 38, of 8215 West Cactus Road, Peoria, Arizona, was arrested on charges of possession of a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, no driver’s license, failure to yield to emergency vehicle, failure to obey stop sign, unsafe passing, passing contrary to highway signs, improper use of lanes and speeding. After he was in the custody of the Dallas County Jail, he was additionally charged with assault on persons in certain occupations causing bodily injury.
Aug. 2, 2020
- Anastasiya Walker, 32, of 919 Taylor St, Redfield, was arrested at this address for possession of a controlled substance.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.