To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
July 21, 2022
- Shelden Geary of Perry was traveling on W Avenue and stopped at the stop sign at 240th Street. While Geary waited for traffic to clear, a passing box truck traveling on 240th Street knocked the bumper off Geary’s vehicle. The truck did not stop, and the driver is unknown. No injuries were reported, and damage to Geary’s vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
July 22, 2022
- Jerry Miller, 69, of 822 William St., Perry, was arrested on a warrant for probation violation.
July 23, 2022
- Jackson Gillingham of Waukee was traveling northbound on U.S. Highway 169 when his vehicle left the roadway and struck a house on Walnut Street in Minburn, causing extensive damage to the house and a vehicle parked inside the garage. Gillingham was transported by Dallas County EMS to Methodist Medical Center in Des Moines. Damage to the Minburn properties was estimated at $19,500, and damage to Gillingham’s vehicle was estimated at $10,000.
July 24, 2022
- Guy Shay of Howard City, Michigan, was traveling eastbound on U.S. Interstate 80 near the 113 mile marker when the frame of the trailer he was pulling failed, and the trailer became detached from the truck. No injuries were reported, and damage to Shay’s trailer was estimated at $4,500.
- Michael Blake, 34, of 802 Grand St., Guthrie Center, was arrested on a warrant for fifth-degree theft.
- Derrick Dillard, 35, of 100 Orlando St., Greenville, Mississippi, was arrested for OWI.
July 25, 2022
- Christopher Brophy, 33, of 2711 E. Grand Ave., Des Moines, was arrested for driving while license denied or revoked and possession of drug paraphernalia.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.