June 14, 2019
- Sean Boles of Adel was traveling in the 29000 block of 340th Trail when his vehicle struck a dog. Boles swerve to avoid hitting the dog, and his vehicle entered the north ditch, rolling and then landing upright. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $8,000.
- Gavin Jones of Waukee was traveling north in the 26500 block of Seneca Avenue. When he realized he was approaching a T intersection, Jones slammed on his brakes and lost control of his vehicle, causing it to slide sideways into the north ditch and through a wire fence. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000. Jones was issued a citation for failure to obey stop sign and failure to maintain control.
June 15, 2019
- Logan Ray Lande, 22, of 26090 Burr Oak Lane, Adel, was traveling north on U.S. Highway 169 when his vehicle entered the east ditch, striking a field drive before coming to rest in a farm field. Lande was transported to Dallas County Hospital for minor injuries. Lande was charged with OWI.
June 16, 2019
- Che Christopher Hoyka, 48, of 226 1/2 Sixth St., West Des Moines, was arrested near the 106 mile marker of U.S. Interstate 80 for OWI.
June 17, 2019
- Michel Alexander of Stillwater, Minn., was traveling east near the 103 mile marker of U.S. Interstate 80 when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $7,00.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.