To view a log of the calls for service, click here.
October 11, 2020
- Donald Fortner of Yale was traveling westbound in the 16000 block of Iowa Highway 44 when he lost control of the vehicle. When Fortner tried to regain control, the vehicle swerved, entered the ditch and rolled into a cornfield. Fortner and a passenger were transported to MercyOne Medical Center by Dallas County EMS. Fortner was issued a citation for failure to provide proof of insurance.
October 12, 2020
- Jonathan Odaye II, 54, of 1471 Beaver Ave., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant on an original charge of second-offense possession of a controlled substance.
- A minor from Adel was traveling westbound on 15th Street near Sportsmans Club Road when his vehicle was struck from the rear by a vehicle driven by another minor from Adel. No injuries were reported. Damage to the first vehicle was estimated at $3,000, and damage to the second vehicle was estimated at $8,000. The rear driver was issued citations for failure to stop in assured clear distance and use of electronic communication device with a restricted license.
October 13, 2020
- Gustavo Diaz, 31, of De Soto was arrested on a warrant for failure to appear on an original charge of public intoxication.
October 14, 2020
- Christopher Carmichael of Yale was traveling eastbound on Iowa Highway 44 when his vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage was estimated at $3,500.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is innocent until and unless proven guilty.