October 16, 2019
- Fabiola Gomez of Adel was traveling in the 33000 block of L Avenue when her vehicle struck a deer. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $3,500.
October 17, 2019
- Elaine Wilkerson of Minburn was traveling west onto Iowa Highway 141 from O Avenue when she was sideswiped by a red pickup traveling at a high rate of speed. The unknown vehicle continued to travel west on Iowa Highway 141 without stopping. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $2,000.
October 18, 2019
- Amy Wood, 22, of 2806 Brattleboro Ave., Des Moines, was arrested on a warrant for theft and possession of a controlled substance.
- Deborah Jean Moyle, 65, of 1614 Thomas St., Redfield, was arrested at the 110 mile marker of U.S. Interstate 80 for possession of a controlled substance and failure to use child restraint device.
- Michael Bruce Johnson, 46, of 1614 Thomas St., Redfield, was arrested at the 110 mile marker of U.S. Interstate 80 for possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- Mya Hood of De Soto was traveling in the 36000 block of Seneca Avenue, when she swerved to miss a deer, and her vehicle entered the west ditch, rolling onto its side before coming to rest. No injuries were reported. Damage to the vehicle was estimated at $5,000.
October 19, 2019
- Daniel Weston Waller, 32, of 1706 Sycamore St., Dallas Center, was arrested at 150th Street and U.S. Highway 169 for driving while license denied or revoked and driving under suspension.
October 20, 2019
- Caitlin J. Doty, 23, of 14954 Summit Dr., Clive, was arrested for failure to appear on an original charge of driving under suspension.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.