Dawson Fire Department makes short work of rural garage blaze

2
1599
A quick response by the Dawson Volunteer Fire Department kept damage to a minimum in the garage at 17322 D Ave. in rural Dawson Saturday morning.

Dallas County deputy sheriffs stood by while Dawson Volunteer Fire Department firefighters worked to control the blaze at 17322 D Ave. near Dawson Saturday morning.
Dallas County deputy sheriffs stood by while Dawson Volunteer Fire Department firefighters worked to control the blaze at 17322 D Ave. near Dawson Saturday morning.

The Dawson Volunteer Fire Department quickly controlled a garage fire Saturday morning on a farm at 17322 D Ave., about three miles south of Dawson.

The garage fire was reported about one hour before sunrise Saturday.
The garage fire was reported about one hour before sunrise Saturday.

The fire was reported shortly after 5:30 a.m., and the fire was under control shortly before sunrise.

A Dallas County deputy sheriff told a concerned neighbor the fire appeared to be caused by a heat lamp in the garage.

Dawson firefighters gained access to the garage, which was attached to the house, and knocked down the blaze.

Damage appeared to be confined to the southwest portion of the garage area.

Assistance in the form of water and manpower was provided by the Perry Volunteer Fire Department.

There were no apparent injuries. The owners of the property were not home at the time of the fire.

A house cat escaped uninjured from the house’s living area, and a purebred Rottweiler circled the grounds nervously.┬áThe 3,700 swine confined nearby did not appear disturbed.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

Dawson firefighters first attacked the fire from the southern side of the garage.
Dawson firefighters first attacked the fire from the southern side of the garage.
Dawson firefighters accessed the garage from the east and quickly controlled the blaze.
Dawson firefighters accessed the garage from the east and quickly controlled the blaze.

2 COMMENTS

  1. ONE cat was in the house. The dog is a purebred Rottweiler. The hogs are 1/8 mile away and wouldn’t have been in danger if the house and garage had burnt to the ground. Why make news when there is none? On the other side of the coin, we offer our sincere thanks to the Dawson and Perry fire departments for their quick response, the Good Samaritan who spotted the fire and called 911, and Jason Chaloupka, Will Grage and Stacey for getting out of your warm beds to help out. We live in a GREAT community!

    • We’re glad your damage was no worse and glad our errors were no more numerous. We do indeed live in a great community.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.