The Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) announced Tuesday the closure of all college facilities to the public effective Wednesday, March 18 and reopening Monday, April 13. During the closure, the following rules will apply to students, faculty and staff:
- Only designated personnel will be allowed on campus in accord with supervisor approval.
2. Essential services will be staffed. Contact your supervisor for more information.
- DMACC campuses will be open until 9 a.m. Wednesday, March 18 only for faculty and staff picking-up equipment for remote work.
- For further assistance, contact your supervisor.
3. Student Services and Library Services will still be available remotely.
4. Computer labs will be closed.
6. All DMACC events and events held on DMACC campuses and centers have been cancelled or postponed.
7. All DMACC-related travel is suspended.
DMACC employees are urged to visit the DMACC Employee FAQ as the college continues to work through questions and provide more information.
Class content delivery will follow these rules:
- Week of March 23: Online and web-blended classes will resume online delivery
2. Week of March 30: Online delivery of face-to-face credit classes begins
3. Lab-based, hands-on classes originally scheduled to resume March 30 will now resume the week of Monday, April 13
4. Continuing education courses are currently suspended and will resume the week of Monday, April 13 unless otherwise notified