Electrical fire quickly controlled in Woodward home Monday

0
351
An electrical fire broke out Monday afternoon at 212 Walnut Ave. in Woodward and was quickly controlled by the Woodward Volunteer Fire Department.

An electrical fire broke out Monday afternoon at 212 Walnut Ave. in Woodward and was quickly controlled by the Woodward Volunteer Fire Department.

An electrical fire broke out Monday afternoon in a Woodward residence and was quickly controlled by the Woodward Volunteer Fire Department.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

The fire was reported about 4:30 p.m., when a caller from 212 Walnut Ave. said smoke was visible “between the walls” of the residence, according to public safety radio traffic.

Officers of the Woodward Police Department were the first on the scene, and they evacuated the occupants.

Firefighters with the Woodward First Responders, Woodward Volunteer Fire Department, Bouton First Responders and Bouton Volunteer Fire Department responded and promptly extinguished the fire.

Large exhaust fans were deployed to clear smoke from the 100-year-old residence, owned by William and Anne Montague, according to county records.

The Dallas County EMS also responded.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.