The Perry Police Department and Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to a brief blaze at a Perry home Saturday, caused when a falling tree limb caught an electricity service line, snapping the service mast at the meter and starting the fire.
Volunteer firefighters arrived about 3 p.m. at the home of Nora Cortez at 1303 Fifth St. to find the fire out, leaving only some soot and smoke damage to the exterior of the house.
There were no injuries in the incident.
We report. They repeat. Don’t be a freeloader but help support the work of ThePerryNews.com with a recurring donation of $5 per month.