Fire destroyed a large garage in De Soto Thursday night.
No injuries were reported in the structure fire at 120 Elm St.
A caller reported the 1,600-square-foot, eight-car garage was fully engulfed at 10:21 p.m. Thursday.
The De Soto Volunteer Fire Department responded and battled the blaze, which was made riskier by the ammunition and fireworks stored inside the building, according to public safety radio traffic.
“We had a bunch of classics” stored in the garage, said owner Mandy McConnelee Pagliai. “It’s heartbreaking.”
The Adel Volunteer Fire Department, Van Meter Volunteer Fire Department, Dallas County Sheriff’s office, Dallas County EMS and De Soto Public Works Department also responded.
“Thanks to all the members for assisting us later in the evening,” said a spokesperson for the De Soto firefighters. “We are lucky to have such great mutual aid with amazing departments. No one was injured and the house was spared from the fire. Also thanks to the De Soto Mayor for bringing his skid loader out to assist with overhaul.”