Fire destroys house on Sixth Street Wednesday night

0
3186

Fire destroyed a house on north Sixth Street in Perry Wednesday evening after the sole occupant escaped unharmed.

The blaze at 1715 Sixth St. was reported shortly after 8 p.m. The Perry Volunteer Fire Department fought the fire, and the Woodward Volunteer Fire Department and Bouton Volunteer Fire Department were paged for mutual aid.

The 104-year-old house is owned by David “Dewey” Huling, who said the fire started on the kitchen stove, where he was preparing food.

The Perry Police Department and Dallas County EMS also responded.

Sixth Street was temporarily blocked between Dewey and North streets, and motorists were advised to avoid the area.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.