Fire in Hamlin-Bell apartment causes much smoke, little damage

0
627
The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to fire at the Hamlin-Bell apartment house at 2023 Willis Ave. Thursday about 2:15 p.m.

A fire broke out Thursday afternoon in an upper unit of the Hamlin-Bell apartment house at 2023 Willis Ave.

No injuries were reported in the incident.

Fire alarms could be heard sounding from outside the facility, where the blaze was quickly contained and extinguished by officers of the Perry Police Department but not before producing a large quantity of thick smoke.

The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded and used exhaust fans to clear the smoke from the facility.

The $7 million, 36-unit Hamlin-Bell Apartments opened in 2017 on the site of the former Perry High School, later used as the Perry Junior High School.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.