Fire in Hotel Pattee kitchen brings rapid response Wednesday

0
1114

Guests in the Hotel Pattee received an early wake-up call Wednesday when fire alarms sounded about 3 a.m. in the 106-year-old building, and an evacuation was ordered by the Perry Police Department.

There were no injuries in the incident.

The fire started in the hotel kitchen and appeared to involve a bucket of hand rags, according to Perry Volunteer Fire Department First Assistant Fire Chief Brian Eiteman.

Perry Police Department Sgt. Matt Aswegan and Officer Trevor Hickey responded to a report from the alarm company about 3 a.m., and the hotel’s night manager, Brian Parker, called the police at about the same time to report a fire in the kitchen.

The fire department was paged and responded, quickly controlling the blaze and setting up exhaust fans to clear the building of smoke.

A guest with a second-floor room said she heard the fire alarm faintly from within her suite but knew there was a fire when she opened her door and saw the hallway full of smoke.

Hotel Pattee General Manager Aaron Lenz said that “no damage was done to the hotel, lobby or any of the beautiful artwork in our building.” He said he expects the restaurant to reopen Thursday for regular service.

The Dallas County EMS also responded to the incident.

ThePerryNews.com will update this story as information becomes available.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.