August 15, 2019
- A deputy assisted the Jefferson Police Department with a traffic stop on N. Wilson and Central streets.
- Samantha Henderson, 26, of Grand Junction was booked into the jail for driving while revoked.
- The Greene County Sheriff and a deputy assisted the city of Paton with removing vehicles per a court order in the 200 block of Paton Street.
- A deputy removed debris from the roadway on 220th Street near Eaton Avenue.
- The Greene County Sheriff, deputies, Carroll County Sheriff’s office, Iowa State Patrol, Churdan Fire and Rescue, Jefferson Fire Department, Scranton Fire Department, Lanesboro Fire Department and Carroll County Ambulance responded to a semi-versus-car accident on B Avenue and 140th Street. Jeffrey Bauer, 59, of Manning was traveling south in a 2000 Kenworth semi-tractor trailer, failed to yield the right of way and struck an eastbound 2014 Chevrolet Impala driven by Michael Baugh, 33, of Panora. After the collision, the semi jackknifed in the roadway, and the car entered the ditch and caught fire. Bauer, the driver of the semi, pulled Baugh from the burning car. Baugh was transported by the Carroll County Ambulance and later by air ambulance due to life-threatening injuries. Bauer was transported by the Churdan ambulance with minor injuries. The semi had an estimated $18,000 damage, and the car was totaled. Baugh was issued a citation for driving while suspended, no insurance and a registration violation. Bauer was cited for failure to yield right of way. The Iowa Department of Transportation investigated the semi for defects.
- A deputy investigated an animal-neglect complaint in the 800 block of Percival Street in Grand Junction.
- A deputy investigated a criminal mischief complaint in the 400 block of S. Ninth Street in Grand Junction.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.