April 30, 2019
- A deputy assisted the Jefferson Police Department with a domestic in the 500 block of E. Lincoln Way.
- A deputy investigated a dog-running-at-large complaint in the 700 block of Walnut Street in Scranton.
- A deputy investigated a driving complaint on 220th Street near W Avenue. Joseph Faber, 27, of Wisconsin was arrested for first-offense OWI and first-degree theft. The 2015 Ford F150 was stolen out of Story County. After he was brought to the jail, Faber made an escape attempt, causing an estimated $3,000 in damage to the jail facility. Faber was charged with attempted escape from custody and fourth-degree criminal mischief.
- The Sheriff assisted a motorist at Central and Mulberry streets in Jefferson.
- The Sheriff investigated a phone scam in the 1400 block of 130th Street.
- A deputy conducted a welfare check in the 200 block of Hager Street in Grand Junction.
- A deputy investigated a civil issue in the 1000 block of H Avenue.
- A deputy removed a deer from the roadway on Q Avenue and 235th Street.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.