If you want to own your own home and learn how to apply for an affordable low-interest home loan for new construction and renovated houses, then attend a homeownership information meeting Tuesday, Feb. 19 at 6 p.m. at the Perry Public Library hosted by the Dallas County Habitat for Humanity.
Be aware of the following rules, and come prepared with the following documents:
- Both applicant and co-applicant (if there is a co-applicant) must attend an entire informational meeting as part of the Dallas County Habitat Homeownership Program application process.
- In order to start the screening process, you must bring:
1. a $20.00 money order for credit report fee (will only be used if you choose to go through the application process)
2. Copies of your last three months of pay stubs or income history for all adults living in the household.
3. a valid photo ID and a copy of that ID for Habitat to keep.
- No child care will be available. Please do not bring children to the meeting.
Additional meetings are scheduled for Saturday, March 9 at 10 a.m. and Thursday, April 4 at 6 p.m. For more information, call 515-238-5785.