Heavy smoke in Sunday house fire on W. Third Street in Perry

4
3142

The Perry Volunteer Fire Department responded to a house fire about 9:30 a.m. Sunday at 1809 W. Third St. in Perry.

No flames were visible, but heavy smoke was billowing from the single family home when firefighters arrived. The fire was quickly brought under control.

Perry Volunteer Fire Department First Assistant Fire Chief Brian Eiteman said a blown fuse in a closet area appeared to be the cause of the blaze, which was actively burning in the closet and attic area above the closet when firefighters arrived on scene.

The 1,100-square-foot house is owned by Andrew and Mary Carlson, according to county records. The house suffered extensive smoke and water damage, Eiteman said.

Eiteman said the Carlsons and their two children were home at the time the fire started.

“They said they were watching TV when the power went out, and they started to smell smoke,” he said. The family reported their dogs were barking and acting strangely and helped alert the family to the fire, he said.

There were no injuries in the incident.

Firefighters with hoses entered the residence from the front. They were later seen bringing out charred debris from within the structure.

The Perry Police Department and Perry First Responders also responded to the blaze.

4 COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.