November 29, 2019
- After receiving information during a traffic stop, officers applied for and executed a narcotics search warrant at 307 W. Lincoln Way, #3. The officers believe the informant tipped off the residents after providing the officers the information because nothing illegal was located in the apartment during the search.
- An officer performed a traffic stop at 220th Street and Doreen Wilbur Drive. The officer’s investigation led to the arrest of Annette Renee Bohl, 60, of Adel for driving while revoked and operation without registration.
- George Crouch reported a suspicious person in his yard at 207 E. Perry St. An officer did not locate anyone in the area.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 100 block of N. Maple Street.
- A deputy requested assistance from an officer with debris in the roadway on 220th Street near K Avenue. An officer drove to the location and removed the debris from the roadway.
- A traffic stop in the 800 block of E. Lincoln Way resulted in Beau Bender of Boone being issued a citation for dark windows and failure to provide proof of financial liability.
- A caller reported a dog was outside in the rain all day at 619 S. Olive St. An officer found the animal to be inside upon arrival and also has outside shelter access from the weather. The officer took no action.
- Nolan Ford requested an officer to go to 777 Wild Rose Lane and locate his father. Ford said he had allowed his father to drive his vehicle to the casino but learned he is now intoxicated. Ford said he did not want his father to operate his vehicle any further. Officers located the father, who gave them the keys to his son’s vehicle.
- A deputy requested an officer to assist him with a medical call in the 1500 block of 235th Street.
- During a traffic stop in the 1500 Block of N. Grimmell Road, an officer detected the odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. During a probable-cause search, the officer located suspected marijuana and related items. The officer seized the items for testing at the lab. Charges are pending lab results.
November 30, 2019
- The Cobblestone Hotel requested an officer at 771 Wild Rose Lane for a confused male in the business. The officer arrived and spoke with the male. The officer contacted family members in Carroll, who drove to Jefferson to pick up the male.
- Scott Dickens reported a possible trespassing occurring at 108 1/2 S. Maple St. An officer found the apartment unsecured, but no one was present.
- An officer assisted a resident in the 500 block of E. Madison Street, who was locked out of a residence.
- Leona Mitchell spoke with an officer about a male asking questions about her juvenile daughter of coworkers at 508 N. Elm St. Nothing illegal occurred, but Mitchell was advised to contact officers if the contact persists.
- Tracie Lappe reported a careless driver on N. Wilson Avenue. An officer did not locate the reported vehicle in the area.
- A traffic stop in the 500 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Matthew Saddoris of Jefferson being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- A traffic stop in the 1600 block of Westwood Drive resulted in Kaleb Hoyle of Grand Junction being issued a citation for dark windows.
- Toni Dezaney requested an officer at 305 N. Wilson Ave. #5, for an intoxicated male. The officer spoke to the male and determined he was not in need of assistance.
- Chantalle Long reported people knocking on her door and leaving in a vehicle from 507 Hillcrest Place. An officer did not locate the reported subjects.
- A traffic stop at Lincoln Way and Elm Streets resulted in Jordan Sloan of Jefferson being issued a citation for careless driving.
December 1, 2019
- The Carroll Police Department requested assistance from a Jefferson Police Department Officer in gathering a phone number for a Jefferson resident. The officer made contact with the person and forwarded the phone number to Carroll officers.
- A traffic stop in the 700 block of E. Lincoln Way resulted in Jamie Wimber of Kentucky being issued a citation for driving while suspended.
- A caller reported a careless driver on 220th Street, traveling westward toward Jefferson. An officer did not locate the reported vehicle.
December 2, 2019
- An officer located an open business door at 114 N. Wilson Ave. The owner of the building was contacted due to a possible break in. The officer is investigating.
- Dalton Exline reported a vehicle burglary at 500 N. Cedar St. He reported $400 in cash missing from the vehicle. The investigation continues.
- A Greene County Community School District bus driver brought a school bus violation form to the Law Enforcement Center. The driver reported a vehicle passed the stopped bus at Chestnut Street and Harding Road while the lights and stop arm were activated. The driver provided information about the vehicle and driver to the officer. The officer’s investigation led to Mercedes Vargus Ramirez of Jefferson being issued a citation for unlawful passing of school bus.
- An officer performed a funeral escort.
- A traffic stop at Lincoln Way and Chestnut Street resulted in Steven Follet of Grand Junction being issued a citation for operation without registration.
- Letitia Sutton reported unwanted contact through social media by a coworker. An officer is working to speak to the subject to end the unwanted messages.
- Brandon Gobble reported a barred driver in the 200 block of W. Harrison Street. An officer did not locate the vehicle.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.