February 9, 2018
- Officers responded to two-vehicle accident at the intersection of N. High Street and W. Washington streets. Freddie German of Jefferson was driving his 2012 Chevy Equinox westbound on W. Washington Street and was attempting to turn into a driveway in the 800 block while Nicole Murphy of Rippey was driving behind German in her 2004 Volkswagen Passat and attempting to pass German’s vehicle as it began slowing down to turn. Murphy’s vehicle struck German’s vehicle on the front driver’s door, causing $4,000 in damages to German’s car and $1,500 to her own. Murphy was issued a citation for unsafe passing.
- Jade Bedel spoke with an officer about a crime that occurred in Fort Dodge. She was directed to the Fort Dodge Police Department.
- D. J. Bumgardner and Nick Webber reported being harassed by Jason Fox.
- An officer responded to the 300 block of E. State Street for a parking complaint.
February 10, 2018
- An officer located an open door at 300 W. McKinley St.
- An officer responded to 802 W. Lincoln Way for burglary to a vehicle and garage. The officer is investigating.
- An officer assisted the Greene County EMS with a medical call in the 700 block of S. Chestnut Street.
- An officer assisted with removing a bat from a residence at 400 E. Washington St.
- An officer completed a welfare check at 102 E. Monroe St.
- An officer responded to the intersection of W. Harrison and S. Vine streets to remove square hay bales that were in the roadway.
- Officers completed a welfare check at 407 S. Olive St.
- As a result of a traffic stop in the 400 block of E. Lincoln Way, Frances Kelly,
- As a result of a traffic stop in the 100 block of W. Clark Street, James Harris of Jefferson was issued a citation for driving while license suspended. Harris also had outstanding Greene County arrest warrants for domestic abuse assault and violation of a no-contact order. In the vehicle with James was with Brittany Smith, also of Jefferson. No-contact orders were in place between the two. Smith, 30, and Harris, 30, were both additionally charged with violation of a no-contact order and were transported to the Greene County Law Enforcement Center.
- Justin Lopez was arrested at 308 N. Pinet St. for an outstanding Greene County arrest warrant for failure to appear.
- James Woods spoke with an officer about a civil issue.
February 11, 2018
- An officer responded to 777 Wild Rose Lane for a loose dog.
- Staff members at the Cobblestone Hotel, 771 Wild Rose Lane, spoke with an officer. They reported a strong odor of marijuana coming from a room on the third floor of the hotel. Officers walked by the room and could smell the odor originating from Room 317. Officers executed a search warrant at 3 p.m. Officers could smell marijuana, but nothing illegal was located in the room.
- As a result of a traffic stop in the 600 block of W. Lincoln Way, Mayra Hernandez of Jefferson was issued a citation for failure to display registration plate.
- An officer responded to the Greene County Medical Center Emergency Room at 1000 W. Lincoln Way for an upset patient.
- An officer responded to the Greene County Medical Center Emergency Room, 1000 W. Lincoln Way, for an abandoned 911 call. It was determined to be a mistake.
- An officer assisted the Greene County EMS with a medical call in the 1000 block of N. West Street.
- An officer responded to the Greene County Medical Center Emergency Room, 1000 W. Lincoln Way, for a patient who became aggressive with staff and kicked a monitor. The patient left the hospital prior to the officer’s arriving. Staff at the hospital did not wish to pursue any criminal charges for damages.
- Bayllie Flinn reported a theft of clothing.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.