July 9, 2019
- Officers were requested at 777 Wild Rose Lane for an underage person smoking a cigarette in front of the building. An officer arrived and spoke to the person. The 15-year-old male was issued a citation for minor using tobacco/vapor product.
- An officer located an open business door at 1108 N. Elm St. The building was secured by the officer.
- An officer located a dog running at large in the 200 block of S. Chestnut Street. The owner has past verbal warnings for the issue. Alexis Jordan, 29, of Jefferson was issued a citation for animal running at large prohibited.
- Dispatch received a 911 hang-up call from Wilcox Law Office at 200 E. Lincoln Way. Upon call back, they learned everything was fine there, and no assistance was needed.
- An anonymous caller reported a male on a motorcycle who was barred in the state in the area of the 100 block of S. Maple Street. Officers located the male, who was pushing the motorcycle instead of driving it on the street.
- Officers responded to the 300 block of E. Head Street after dispatch received a Life Line activation. The person had fallen but was helped up by a friend before officers arrived. No injuries were reported.
- Kim Hill reported damage to a window at 304 S. Wilson Ave. Hill was missing a rug from inside the residence but could not advise how long ago the rug was missing. An officer is investigating.
- Janelle Brophy spoke with an officer about unwanted contact from a Jefferson male. The officer made contact with the male and advised him to end the contact.
- An officer was requested at a local retail store for a possible no-contact order violation. After reviewing video footage of the event, the officer attempted to locate a male. A traffic stop was performed with the male in the 200 block of S. Wilson Avenue. The officer arrested Carl William Hale, 65, of Jefferson for violation of a no-contact order. Another officer had requested an arrest warrant for Hale earlier in the day for violation of a no-contact order after investigating a report of another violation July 7 at Lincoln Way and Wilson Avenue.
- Linda Coffin reported the theft of her wallet from her vehicle while parked at 777 Wild Rose Lane. Video surveillance showed a female entered the vehicle and rummaged through items inside. The female then entered the casino and attempted to use a bank card taken from Coffin’s purse. The ATM denied the transaction. An officer developed a suspect from the video and the investigation is ongoing.
- A local day care provider spoke with an officer about concerns for a young child. The provider said the mother picked the child up from daycare and was not acting normally. The officer made contact with the child and the father and spoke to him about the concerns.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.