July 10, 2019
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 300 block of N. Cedar Street.
- Stacia Baugh requested an officer at 108 S. Maple St. for a male pounding on the apartment windows and yelling about his daughter. The officer arrived and made contact with the male. He told the officer that his young daughter lives here with her mother and he has shared custody. He said he was concerned about the welfare of his daughter. The officer advised him to leave the property and seek an attorney, as he was very close to being charged with disorderly conduct. The male left the area.
- An officer was requested at 500 E. Clark St. by a male who thought he had been poisoned by his sister. The officer arrived and determined the male was experiencing mental issues. The sister drove the male to the emergency room to been seen by a medical doctor.
- The Greene County Medical Center emergency room staff reported a male patient just left the emergency room against the doctor’s wishes. The patient was being evaluated for mental issues and decided to leave during the process. Officers began searching for the patient.
- Samantha Gliem reported a couple involved in a verbal argument in the yard of 206 E. Washington St. An officer spoke with both parties, who said the argument was over and no assistance was needed.
- Officers were called back to 108 S. Maple St. for a male pounding on the doors and windows and screaming profanities. The officers arrived and did not see the male. As they spoke with the female party, the male came back and was screaming profanities toward the occupants. An officer spoke to the male and advised him to leave and not return or he would face criminal charges. The male walked from the area. As officers were continuing to speak with the female party, the male returned to the area. As officers approached him, he made threatening gestures and advised he would assault the officers. An officer withdrew his TASER and ordered the male to put his hands behind his back. The male refused to follow the officer’s commands and continued to approach them. The officer fired his TASER, and both officers attempted to hand cuff the male. After a short struggle, the officers were able to hand cuff the male subject. James Leon Cunningham, 44, of no known abode was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, trespassing, interference with official acts, assault on persons in certain occupations, second-offense possession of a controlled substance-methamphetamine and fifth-degree criminal mischief. The criminal mischief charge was added after the female discovered a tire was cut on her vehicle. The officer matched Cunningham’s knife to the puncture hole on the tire.
- The Brown Funeral Home called and reported an abandoned motorcycle on private property at 408 W. Lincoln Way. An officer learned the motorcycle belongs to James Cunningham, previously arrested at 108 S. Maple St. The motorcycle was towed to the impound lot.
- John Sturgeon reported his neighbor’s dog bit his wife’s leg as she drove past their residence on a motorized scooter. An officer arrived and spoke to the female, who showed the officer very faint scratch marks on her leg. The officer spoke to several people who witnessed the event. He determined the animal approached the female as she passed on the sidewalk and jumped up and placed his paws in her lap for attention, causing the scratches. The animal was on its own property, but the officer warned the animal’s owner that people have a right to use the public sidewalk without being approached by the animal.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 400 block of S. Oak Street.
- The Greene County Medical Center emergency room staff reported a male patient walked out of the emergency room before the doctor could finish evaluating him for a mental issue. An officer located the patient a few blocks from the hospital and spoke with him. The officer was able to coax the male back to hospital.
- Kelly Derry reported a neighbor advised her by text that a male was in her yard at 204 E. Wilcoxway. An officer checked the area but did not locate anyone.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.