July 12, 2019
- A caller reported a dog tied out at 104 E. Monroe St. without access to water. An officer spoke to the owner of the animal, who took it inside the residence.
- Chris Villalobos brought a stray dog to the Law Enforcement Center he had found in the 100 block of N. Elm Street. The animal was placed in the Jefferson Animal Holding Facility.
- Dan Sayre said a dark pickup was tearing up the roadway at Henderson Park just south of Jefferson. He said the vehicle departed and was traveling toward town. An officer did not locate the reported vehicle.
- Tim Cadden reported a possible burglary to his garage at 621 S. Cedar St. Cadden did not know whether anything was missing. An officer is investigating.
- A traffic stop in the 600 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Randal Walters of Urbandale being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- An officer responded to a burglary alarm activation at 300 American Drive. All was fine at the facility, and a key holder reset the system. The alarm later activated again at 300 American Avenue. All was fine after a search of the facility. The alarm later activated again at 300 American Drive. The key holder and the officer checked the facility and found it to be fine. The key holder contacted the alarm company to correct the faulty system.
- Abby Binkley reported unwanted text messages from a male.
- Alex Ratliff reported a group of juveniles throwing rocks at cars in the 600 block of E. Lincoln Way. An officer did not locate anyone in the area.
- Bob Heath spoke to an officer about a civil rental issue occurring at 305 N. Chestnut St.
- Sandy Day requested an officer at 501 W. State St. Day reported a female assaulted her adult son. An officer’s investigation led to the arrest of Kelsi Elizabeth Gross, 29, of Scranton for domestic abuse assault.
July 13, 2019
- Erick Johnson spoke to an officer concerning a civil property issue occurring at 1503 N. Elm St.
- An officer removed a bat from the residence at 402 W. Lincoln Way.
- Jacob Spaulding reported a careless Driver on S. Elm Street. The vehicle was not located.
- A traffic stop in the 1700 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Ronald Fisher of Boone being issued a citation for dark windows.
- Chelse Sanderson located a stay dog in the 700 block of N. Cedar Street. An officer placed the animal in the Jefferson Animal Holding Facility.
- Amy Baugh requested a welfare check on an 18-year-old male who lives at her residence. The male was at 305 E. Lincoln Way, and Baugh was concerned after speaking to him by phone. An officer arrived at apartment #5 and spoke to the male. The officer’s investigation led to the arrest of Caden Raye Emmick, 18, of Jefferson for possession of alcohol under legal age. The resident of the apartment, Melissa Marie Rice, 23, of Jefferson was issued a citation for permitting an underage person to consume alcohol on property.
July 14, 2019
- The Wild Rose Casino reported a possible intoxicated driver left 777 Wild Rose Lane and was traveling westbound on 220th Street. An officer did not locate the reported vehicle.
- An officer issued a parking violation notice in the 500 block of N. Chestnut Street for truck/RV/trailer parking.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 900 block of W. South Street.
- A traffic stop in the 600 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Robert Johnson of Perry being issued a citation for operation without eegistration.
- Tim Fester reported a tree branch fell and took the powerline down in the 600 block of S. Walnut Street. Alliant Energy arrived to fix the issue. The Jefferson Public Works Department came with a payloader to remove the branch from the roadway.
- A traffic stop in the 700 block of E. Lincoln Way resulted in Fred Muir of Exira being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- Cindy Rowland reported her juvenile daughter had left 911 N. Pinet St. after an argument. Rowland advised the juvenile was located at Head Park, and they were going to let her stay there and cool off for a while. No action was required from an officer.
- Tosha Hickman reported finding sugar around her gas fill cap while her vehicle was parked at 700 N. Wilson Ave. She did not know when it may have occurred. An officer is investigating the event.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call at the Greene County Fairgrounds.
- Officers assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 300 block of W. Lincoln Way.
- Officers assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 1200 block of Riverside Drive.
- Chelse Sanderson reported a burglary occurred in the past few weeks at 504 N. Chestnut St. Firearms and other property were missing. An officer is investigating.
- Regency Park advised of a stray dog at 100 Ram Drive. The owner retrieved the animal before an officer’s arrival.
- An officer responded to an alarm activation at 400 N. Elm St. The business was found to be secure.
- Allison Tucker reported two juveniles riding skateboards on S. Elm Street. An officer did not locate the pair.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.