July 8, 2019
- A deputy requested an officer to assist him by dispatching a sick deer on 235th Street near the river bridge.
- A local retail store turned in a counterfeit $5 bill. The business received the bill sometime over the weekend.
- A traffic stop at Park and Chestnut streets resulted in Tanisha Rice being issued a citation for failure to obey a stop sign.
- The Dallas County Sheriff’s office requested assistance from an officer in notifying a Jefferson resident that a loved one was involved in a serious accident and Lifeflighted from Dallas County. An officer notified the Jefferson resident.
- An officer was requested at 911 N. Pinet St. for an unruly 12-year-old female.
- A caller reported a fire behind the residence at 401 N. Chestnut St. The caller said juveniles were attempting to put the fire out with buckets of water. An officer arrived and learned a pile of lumber was burning but had been extinguished prior to the officer’s arrival. No one could explain how the fire started in the lumber pile.
- Jordan Aubrey reported a possible violation of a no-contact order at the Jefferson Municipal Swimming Pool. An officer is investigating the report.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.