June 7, 2019
- An officer picked up an abandoned bicycle from 203 W. Harrison St. and placed it in the impound lot.
- Officers performed a funeral escort.
- Dan Potkonak reported an object in the street on the overpass. An officer removed the item from the roadway.
- A traffic stop at Harrison and Cedar streets resulted in Braxton Holderby of Jefferson being issued a citation for driving while suspended.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 200 block of S. Wilson Avenue.
- A caller reported a loud party occurring at 206 N. Oak St. An officer saw no activity at the residence.
- Charles Henderson reported a stray dog at 605 W. Adams St. An officer placed the animal in the Animal Holding Facility.
- Becky Dreessen requested assistance in locating her juvenile daughter, who was possibly in Jefferson. The officer did not locate the girl in town.
June 8, 2019
- Officers spoke to an intoxicated female who had left the Bell Tower Venue and entered her vehicle to drive away. It was determined she was not capable of driving, and a ride was provided to get her home safely.
- Carol Love reported her vehicle had been broken into at 1000 W. Lincoln Way. A side window was broken out, and a purse was missing. Hospital footage showed a male breaking the window with a chunk of concrete and reaching inside to grab the purse. An officer has developed two suspects from Fort Dodge by gathering video footage from the casino. A vehicle was also shown in the Casino footage providing the officer with a plate number. Charges will be filed pending the end of the investigation.
- Anne Simpson reported her unlocked vehicle had items removed while parked at 1000 W. Lincoln Way. A large floral bag had been taken from the vehicle containing personal effects. Video footage showed the same suspects involved in the preceding incident entering the vehicle and removing the item. An officer is investigating.
- Officers assisted the Iowa Department of Human Services with executing an emergency court order for the removal of three children from 703 N. Wilson Ave.
- An officer investigated a backing accident in the 400 block of E. McKinley Street. A 1990 Chevrolet K2500, owned and operated by Richard Burkhardt of Jefferson, was backing from a private drive at 401 E. McKinley St. and backed into a vehicle parked on the north side of the street, a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze, owned by Andrea Dorr of Atkins, Iowa. The Dorr vehicle had a reported $2,000 in damages, and the Burkhardt vehicle had a reported $200 in damages. Burkhardt was issued a cited for unsafe backing on a highway.
- Officers assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 400 block of W. Brackett Street.
- Officers were called to 601 S. Chestnut St. for a fight in progress between siblings. The officer’s investigation learned a 17 year-old-male choked his sister during an argument. Charges will be sent to the Juvenile Court for domestic abuse assault.
- The resident of 307 S. Chestnut St. reported unwanted items were left on his porch. A similar incident occurred at this residence last week. The residence has security cameras, and an officer recognized the female in the video who was involved in the previous incident. The female was advised if she returns to the property, she may face a trespassing charge.
- A traffic stop at Lincoln Way and Elm Street resulted in Clayton Peters of Jefferson being issued a citation for fail to obey stop sign.
- A traffic stop in the 800 block of S. Chestnut Street resulted in Monica Smith of Jefferson being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- Ryan Easter reported his girlfriend took his vehicle from Osceola and drove it to Jefferson without his permission. Easter said he wanted to reported the vehicle stolen. Easter was advised to report the incident to the Osceola Police Department because the crime occurred there.
June 9, 2019
- Rachel Thomas reported four juveniles rang her doorbell and ran from the area of the 900 block of W. Washington Street. An officer did not locate anyone in the area.
- Officers noticed a male attempting to urinate in the street in the 200 block of E. Lincoln Way. After a short foot chase, Jacob Mario Lopez, 24, of Jefferson was arrested and charged with public intoxication.
- An officer responded to a business alarm at 2204 N. Mulberry St. An officer located an employee who had set off the alarm by accident.
- Brittany Smith reported a male broke into her residence and took cell phones. She said the male destroyed her cell phone while running away from 304 N. Chestnut St. An officer located the male and learned he also lives at the address. He made admissions to destroying her cell phone during an argument. Justin Joe Downs, 33, of Correctionville was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief.
- Tosha Hickman spoke with an officer concerning a civil property issue occurring at 107 W. Vest St.
- An officer assisted a motorist who locked her keys in a running vehicle with her dog inside the vehicle at 208 W. Lincoln Way.
- Jesse Finley spoke with an officer concerning a civil child custody issue.
- Lori Finley spoke with an officer concerning a civil child custody issue.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.