June 11, 2019
- An officer checked the residence of 503 S. Cedar St. after dispatch received an automated 911 call from a pendant activation. All appeared fine at the residence.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 100 block of McDuffie Drive.
- A traffic stop in the 100 block of W. Washington Street resulted in Roger Burnie Jr. of Jefferson being issued a citation for failure to provide proof of financial liability.
- Officers removed two young raccoons from the yard at 609 S. Cedar St. They were transported outside the city limits and released.
- Officers assisted the Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department with a small vehicle fire in the 100 block of N. Grimmell Road.
- Jackie Mentzer reported a neighbor burning trash in a barrel at 104 E. State St. An officer spoke to the resident and advised to only burn yard waste, per city ordinance.
- Brooke Taylor spoke with an officer concerning a civil child custody issue at 305 N. Oak St.
- Melvin Dungslap advised of two suspicious males walking near 802 W. State St. An officer made contact with the males, who said they were attempting to purchase a motorcycle for sale in the area.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.