June 14, 2019
- An officer received a criminal mischief complaint at Kelso Park. Someone destroyed the sink and toilet in the men’s restroom.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 700 block of Wild Rose Lane.
- An Iowa Department of Human Services case worker spoke with an officer to gather information on a new case he was given in Jefferson.
- The White Oak Station reported a male purchased vaping products at 303 N. Elm St. The clerk witnessed the male step outside and give the items to a juvenile. An officer is investigating the event.
- Bill Schaal reported receiving the Publisher’s Clearing House phone scam. He did not provide the caller any information and did not incur a loss.
- Mark Olson reported a vehicle parked on private property and blocking his doorway at 600 Stanford St. Olson made arrangements to tow the vehicle from his property.
- Johnny Hamilton reported receiving a suspicious $5 bill at his car wash at 810 N. Vine St. An officer advised Hamilton to call back if the bank advises it is counterfeit.
- Ron Pike reported he caught a stray dog pulling a tie out cable at 203 S. West St. The officer returned the animal to the owner. The animal had pulled the stake out of the ground it was tied up to.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 100 block of N. Olive Street.
- A traffic stop in the 800 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Brian Grife of Barnes City being issued a citation for driving while suspended.
June 15, 2019
- A traffic stop in the 400 block of N. Elm Street resulted in Serenity Owens of Scranton being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- A traffic stop at 220th and Mulberry streets resulted in Maddison Holmquist of Cedar Rapids being issued a citation for excessive speed.
- During a traffic stop in the 700 block of N. Cedar Street, an officer arrested Christopher Herbert Lawrence, 39, of Jefferson on a Polk County warrant for assault–felony.
- Amanda Kelly reported two juveniles walking in the 900 block of N. Vine Street who appeared to be having an argument. An officer located the two and spoke to them about the complaint. They said no assistance was needed.
- A caller advised of a barred driver operating a motorcycle near Harrison and Maple streets. Officers did not locate the reported motorcycle.
- An officer assisted a motorist with mechanical trouble on 220th Street near N. Grimmell Road.
- Lauren Schulte requested an officer at 108 E. Central Ave., #58, to remove an unwanted male. An officer arrived and made contact with the couple, who were both highly intoxicated. During the event, the officer saw two smoking devices in plain sight on a table inside the residence. The officer seized the smoking devices along with suspected marijuana wax. Charges are pending lab results.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 1300 block of W. Lincoln Way.
- Brooke Taylor reported a vehicle with its hazards on at Durbin Automotive, 206 W. Head St. An officer was able to disarm the hazard lights.
- An officer was flagged down in the 200 block of S. Vine Street and advised of a stray dog in the area. The officer did not locate the animal.
June 16, 2019
- A traffic stop in the 200 block of S. Elm Street resulted in Gerado Rodriguez-Doming of Texas being issued a citation for fail to have a valid driver’s license.
- A caller reported of a vehicle traveling northward into Jefferson on Iowa Highwa. 4 that was having difficulty maintaining its lane. An officer located the vehicle near Elm Street and Ram Drive and followed the vehicle. The officer witnessed the vehicle leave its lane and initiated a traffic stop in the 800 block of S. Elm Street. The officer’s investigation led to the arrest of Patricia Lynn Monthei, 48, of Panora on charges of third-offense OWI, failure to provide proof of financial liability and driving on wrong side of the roadway.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.