May 11, 2017
- A traffic stop was performed in the 100 block of N. Walnut Street, resulting in Douglas Shutt of Grand Junction being issued a citation for fail to provide proof of financial liability.
- Jake Ball requested officers at 107 W. Madison St. for a reported domestic assault. Officers arrived and spoke to both parties involved. No evidence was located to support an assault having occurred.
- A traffic stop was performed in the 100 block of W. Reed Street, resulting in James Eberle of Dana being issued a citation for failure to have a valid license and failure to provide proof of financial liability.
- A traffic stop was performed at Vine and Russell streets, resulting in William Wright of Scranton being issued a citation for operation without registration.
- An officer assisted the Greene County EMS with a medical call in the 1000 block of W. Washington Street.
- Tammy Binkley requested an officer to assist her with an unruly juvenile at 507 E. Garfield St.
- Dianne Blackmer reported an email scam. The email claimed someone attempted to gain access to her bank account and requested her to renew the information on her account. Blackmer did not comply with the request and did not incur a loss.
- An officer investigated a two-vehicle property damage accident at Chestnut and Washington streets. A 2004 Ford F150, owned and operated by Tim Johnson of Jefferson, was westbound on W. Washington Street, and a 2015 GMC K3500, owned and operated by Kelly Wilson of Independence, Mo., was northbound on N. Chestnut Street. Wilson left the posted stop sign and struck Johnson as he passed through the intersection. The Johnson vehicle continued traveling west as the driver tried to regain control of the vehicle. Johnson stepped on the accelerator and brake pedals simultaneously. His vehicle reversed, entered the yard at 100 E. Washington St. and traveled into the yard at 102 E. Washington St. before reentering Washington Street. Still traveling in reverse, Johnson’s vehicle backed across the street and struck the northwest corner on the Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department building. Johnson was transported to the Greene County Hospital by Greene County EMS for possible injuries. Johnson’s vehicle was a total loss. Wilson’s vehicle had a reported $2,000 in damages to the front end. The Jefferson Volunteer Fire Department building sustained a reported $15,000 in damages to an overhead door and the corner of the building. Wilson was issued a citation for failure to obey a stop sign.
- Janice Beringer reported a small dog in a vehicle with the windows up. An officer located the vehicle, which had the rear windows down. The animal was fine. The officer located the owner and spoke with him.
- Dennis Lautner reported a semi did not stop at the posted stop sign at Elm Street and Lincoln Way. He could not provide a description of the vehicle.
- A caller reported possible criminal mischief at Washington Park. The mischief makers left the park before the arrival of an officer, who discovered obscenities were drawn on a slide.
- Ricky Steveson complained about a careless motorcycle driver on N. Elm Street. An officer did not locate the driver.
- Terrance Bingley caught a stray dog near Lincoln Way and Wilson Street. An officer placed the animal in the Animal Holding Facility.
- Dave Rasmussen brought a stray dog to the Law Enforcement Center that he had captured in the county. The officer placed the animal in the Animal Holding Facility.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.