May 14, 2919
- An officer assisted the juvenile court officer in gathering a urine analysis collection kit from a juvenile at the courthouse.
- An officer investigated a two-vehicle, property-damage accident in the 200 block of W. Clark Street. A 1997 Ford F150, owned and operated by Jeanine Eggert of Grand Junction, was stopped at the posted stop sign at Elm Street in the 200 block of W. Clark Street when her vehicle was struck from the rear by a 2015 Chevrolet K2500, owned by Wild Rose Leasing Co. of West Des Moines and operated by James Ball of Jefferson. Eggert’s vehicle suffered a reported $500 in damages to the rear, and the Wild Rose vehicle had a reported $1,000 in front end damages. Ball was issues a citation for failure to stop in assured clear distance ahead.
- The Jefferson Post Office requested officers to assist a juvenile whose book bag had been thrown on a rooftop at 119 W.Lincoln Way. Officers used a ladder from the Post Office to climb onto the roof and retrieve the bag for the youngster.
- Mike Bierl spoke with an officer about a vehicle that was parked in the 100 block of E. Lincoln Way for a couple of days. Bierl’s friend failed a driver’s license test and could not drive the vehicle home from the failed test. He said the vehicle will be removed as soon as possible.
- Ramona Matthews reported a speeding vehicle approaching Jefferson from the south on Iowa Highway 4. An officer responded but did not locate the vehicle.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.