September 10, 2019
- Dan Owens reported the theft of a cell phone. An officer learned the theft occurred in Maxwell and advised Owen to report it there.
- An officer assisted the Greene County Ambulance with a medical call in the 300 block of S. Wilson Avenue.
- Stephanie Elise reported two dogs running at large in the street in the 800 block of W. Lincoln Way. An officer did not locate the animals in the area.
- A caller reported a van parked in the 100 block of N. Maple Street that was blocking the sidewalk. An officer spoke to the out-of-town contractor, who immediately moved the vehicle.
- A female reported she received the IRS scam phone call. She did not give the caller any information.
- An officer arrested George Jason Zepp, 41 of Jefferson at 907 W. Harrison St. on a Jefferson Police Department warrant for possession of a controlled substance-marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.