September 16, 2019
- An officer removed a bat from the business at 112 E. State St.
- An officer performed a funeral escort.
- An officer responded to 910 W. Adams St. after receiving a Medic-Alert activation. The resident was not home and was fine.
- A U.S. Postal Service letter carrier reported an aggressive pit bull approached her near Vine and Wilson streets. The officer was unable to locate the reported animal.
- A traffic stop in the 300 block of W. Russell Street resulted in Jerry Goff of Perry being issued a citation for operation without registration.
- The Jefferson Public Library reported a male juvenile throwing rocks at a light post at 200 W. Lincoln Way. After speaking to the juvenile, a parent and the librarian, it was decided the young man would not be allowed at the library for 30 days.
- James McBride requested an officer at 1003 W. Wall St. for a female refusing to take his vehicle home. The officers defused the situation, and the person left in his vehicle.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.