CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa — A Perry semi-tractor trailer driver was honored this week for logging more than 1.3 million miles of accident-free hauling.
Juan Viveros of Perry has racked up 1,367,197 miles during 10 years of service with Cedar Rapids-based Don Hummer Trucking Corp. Viveros was one of 10 company drivers who have driven more than one million accident-free miles with the interstate truckload carrier.
To qualify for the million-mile honor, the professional truck driver must have driven 1 million or more miles consecutively without a preventable accident, incident or equipment damage.
Viveros and the other recipients were recognized during quarterly driver safety meetings this week. Other drivers honored this year include:
- Lynn Trumpold, Amana, Iowa—1,882,312 miles, 31 years of service
- Lee Block, Homestead, Iowa—1,214,087 miles, 37 years of service
- Robert Preuss, Independence, Iowa—1,188,953 miles, 20 years of service
- John Spenner, Riverside, Iowa—1,157,577 miles, 10 years of service
- Kenneth Asleson, Independence, Iowa—1,154,613 miles, 20 years of service
- Richard Daveluy, Watertown, Conn.—1,154,568 miles, 10 years of service
- Laura Spenner, Riverside, Iowa—1,153,484 miles, 10 years of service
- Robert Greer, Columbus Junction, Iowa—1,117,058 miles, 10 years of service
- Barbara Greer, Columbus Junction, Iowa—1,092,556 miles, 10 years of service
“The success of any company is determined by the quality and commitment of its people,” said Don Hummer Trucking President Chris Hummer. “In addition to their achievements in safety, each of these individuals is committed to delivering value in every aspect of their jobs. I’m fortunate to work with such outstanding examples of true professional truck drivers.”
Don Hummer Trucking Corp. is a family-run truckload motor carrier with terminal operations in Cedar Rapids, Omaha, Neb., and Kansas City, Mo. For more than 30 years the company has provided local, regional and national dry van, temperature-controlled and value-added truckload services.