December 19, 2016
- An officer assisted with giving three speeches to Madrid High School classes about careers in law enforcement.
- An officer fingerprinted a Madrid resident for a job-related background check.
- An officer spoke to several people regarding a possible domestic situation involving children. The officer contacted the Iowa Department of Human Services and made a referral of the situation.
- An officer stopped a vehicle in the 400 block of S. Kennedy Avenue regarding a missing headlamp on the vehicle. It was determined the driver had collided with a deer just before entering the city limits of Madrid. The driver said he was taking in the vehicle for repair the following day.
December 20, 2016
- An officer spoke with the Iowa Department of Human Services regarding a child abuse allegation.
- An officer spoke to a Madrid resident regarding a vehicle being towed. The officer advised the resident to call her landlord.
- An officer took a report of people driving around town and taking Christmas lights. The vehicle was gone upon officer’s arrival.
- An officer collected toys donated from a generous family and Dollar General to distribute to families with children in the area for the holidays.
December 21, 2016
- An officer received a report of a suspicious male in the downtown area. The officer contacted the male, who turned out to be looking for help getting back to North Dakota.
- An officer performed a vehicle unlock at the Madrid Bakery.
- An officer spoke to a Madrid resident regarding a lost puppy.
- An officer received a complaint of erratic driving on Iowa Highway 210.
- An officer received a report of two drills being stolen out of a vehicle on S. Greene Street.
- An officer assisted the Madrid Water Department at a residence on E. Third Street.
- An officer spoke to the property manager of Meadow Estates regarding towing an illegally parked vehicle. The officer said the premises were private property and specified the property manager’s authority to remove unwanted vehicles.
December 22, 2016
- An officer was dispatched to a minor-two vehicle accident at N. Kennedy Street and Peterson Parkway. The officer did an exchange of information for the drivers.
- An officer spoke with a Madrid resident regarding a civil issue involving a previous roommate.
- An officer received drug information.
- Officers attempted to locate someone with several outstanding felony warrants.
- An officer responded to a suicidal person. The officer assisted in getting the person some mental help.
December 23, 2016
- An officer assisted several motorists in weather-related vehicle assists.
- An officer spoke to a Madrid resident regarding a civil issue dealing with property.
December 24, 2016
- Officers of the Madrid Police Department and several families from Madrid collected, wrapped and delivered Christmas presents to several children and families in Boone County. A special thank you to everyone whom donated their time and gifts to make this possible: Reagan McCarty, Joyce McCarty, Bucky Carlson, Carmen Mackey, Lonn Wiegel, Charlie and Carson Robey, Bryan and Kim Olmstead, Mid-Iowa Process Serving, Emma Mackey, Anne and Trenton Anderson, Mary Anne and Alan Harwick, Austin Harwick and Dollar General of Madrid.
- An officer took a report of two suspicious people attempting to enter their neighbor’s residence while they were away and then leaving when confronted by the neighbor. It was later determined they were family from out of town and were attempting to visit for the holidays.
December 25, 2016
- An officer received a report of a dog running at large. The officer was unable to locate the animal in question.
* A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.