November 25, 2019
- An officer assisted Boone County Deputies with a missing or runaway juvenile case as they had no officers in the area. A mother called in to report that her 14-year-old daughter was located in a parked vehicle with an adult male at the Iowa Highway 210 gravel pit. A Madrid Officer responded and handled the initial investigation.
- An officer performed a welfare check on a 3-year-old in the 700 block of W. North Street. The child was found to be okay, and the officer reported the findings to the mother.
- An officer sent up a case file for the Boone County Attorney to review and recommend charges. Officers worked with a Polk County Detective on this case as well, and she sent her case file for both the Polk and Dallas County Attorneys to review for charges.
- An officer filled a records request for a Madrid resident regarding a case that she reported back in August.
- An officer spoke to a Madrid resident who reported a lost set of keys on the bike trail. If anyone locates the keys, please turn them in to the Madrid Police Department.
- An officer spoke to a Madrid resident who reported a phone scam that was left on his voicemail.
- An officer relocated a raccoon to the Madrid Water Plant that was caught in a live trap by a Madrid resident on N. Main Street.
- An officer responded to the 500 block of S. Main Street for a harassment complaint. The person was spoken to regarding shining a green laser in the caller’s window.
November 26, 2019
- An officer assisted Madrid Rescue on an emergency medical call in the 400 block of E. Ninth Street.
- An officer followed up on a junk vehicle on County Line Road that the owner was contacted about. The owner had the vehicle removed over the weekend.
- An officer did a home check with the elementary school principal on a student that was suspended from school.
- An officer removed two unwanted raccoons from inside a property in the 400 block of N. Main Street for the owner.
- An officer assisted a Madrid business owner with removing a bat located in the office. The officer also assisted with removing a mouse from a trap and re-setting it for the business owner.
- An officer responded to the 600 block of Brodie Street for a welfare check. A juvenile could not locate or contact her mother. The family was contacted and picked up the juvenile. The mother eventually returned home late from work.
November 27, 2019
- An officer spoke to a person about a child custody issue.
- An officer started an investigation on unauthorized spending out of a Madrid resident’s bank account. The officer called a company where there were six transactions and received information and drove to Ames for another transaction. The officer was given the name of a juvenile suspect, and the officer will interview her and see what information can be received before going the route of a subpoena for the information from the company.
- An officer was called to a retail store for a suspicious person in a vehicle. The officer arrested Tyler Ollerich for driving while barred, third-offense possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
- An officer removed a fourth raccoon this week from a residence in the 400 block of N. Main Street.
- An officer gave a Madrid resident a ride to a retail store from the 100 block of E. Ninth Street to pick up a vehicle after the driver was arrested.
November 28, 2019
- An officer unlocked a vehicle in the 400 block of S. Main Street.
- An officer responded to a report of suspicious items left in a yard in the 700 block of E. Sixth Street.
- An officer responded to the scene of an unattended death in a residence on Fairview Drive.
November 29, 2019
- An officer spoke to a resident about a neighbor cleaning up debris.
- An officer responded to a residence in the 500 block of W. First Street for a 911 hang-up call. The officer found it to be kids playing with the phone. All involved were advised not to do it again.
- An officer assisted Madrid EMS and Boone County Ambulance with an emergent medical call in the 900 block of S. Kennedy Avenue.
- An officer assisted the Boone County Sheriff’s office on a traffic stop involving an erratic driver.
November 30, 2019
- An officer assisted Madrid EMS and Boone County Ambulance on an emergent medical call in the 400 block of Gerald Street.
December 1, 2019
- No activity reported.
*A criminal charge is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.